Jomsom is a very remote village but now it has become closer because of the frequent flights from Pokhara. In a week time you can experience lovely Annapurna foothill, alpine walk, beautiful view, varieties of ethnic culture and landscape of Tibetan plateau. Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and walk to Birenthati. In the next few days you travel through lovely Gurung villages and rhododendron forest to Ghorepani (2530m) and descend to Tatopani (1189m) at the bank of Kali Gandaki-river. Follow the deep valley made by Kali Gandaki. The trail gradually ascends to the villages of Tukuche, Marpha and Jomsom (2713m). Next morning fly to Pokhara.
01. Drive to Nayapul. Walk to Tirkhedhunga or Hile
Pokhara to Tirkhedhunga (1494m) or Hile (1524m). You pass through a Gurung village of Naudanda (1458m) situated on a ridge and travel further to Khare (1525m). The bus travel takes about 2 hours to reach Khare. From Khare descend to Lumle and onward to the end of the ridge at Chandrakot (1568m). There are excellent views throughout the day of Annapurna South (7205m/23633ft), Hiunchuli (6442m) and Macchapuchre (6994m). Make short descent to Birenthati (1037m) and gradually climb to Hile or Tirkhedhunga (1494m
02. Ghorepani (2530m)-Lodge/tea house accommodation
After breakfast ascend the steep steps for about 2 hours to Ulleri (2012m). Continue climbing from Ulleri another 2 hours walk to lunch stop at Nyathanti. The climb continues on through wet temperate forests of oak and rhododendron until Ghorepani. Camp side is about 10 minutes walk form Ghorepani. Depending upon weather and physical condition it is recommended to make an hour climb to Poonhill for a panoramic view of Annapurna range. From Ghorepani there is a spectacular view of Dhaulagiri, Machhapurche and Annapurna.
03. Tatopani (1189m)-Lodge/tea house accommodation
The trail descends to the canyon made by Ghatte Khola. The walk to Tatopani is easy but long, you will have beautiful views of Dhaulagiri and view of Nilgiri. There are Magar and Chettri villages on this trail. You will reach Tatopani (1189m) at the end of the day. Tatopani or hot spring is just north of the suspension bridge over the Kali Gandaki River.
04. Ghasa (1951m)-Lodge/tea house accommodation
Follow the river towards north through the deep gorge made by Kali Gandaki river. You pass through spectacular waterfall about an hour from Dana that has check post and orange groves. As you walk along there are several trails that join near Ghasa. The west bank trail is carved out of the walls high above the gorge. As you approached Ghasa (1951m) you will notice changes in vegetation from tropical to alpine. The shape and structure of the houses are also different – roofs are flat. This is a Thakali village, which you will see more as your travel progress to Jomsom.
05. Tukuche-Lodge/tea house accommodation
The trail climbs to Lete. There are excellent views of Dhaulagiri, Tukuche, Annapurna and Nilgiri as you approach Lete. The mountain landscape keeps changing. Buddhist monastery and mani stones at Larjung village give Tibetan color. The upper section from Kalopani has beautiful pine woods and grassy meadows. You will stop at Tukuche for the night. Tukuche used to be a thriving trade center of the region inhabited by Thakali.
06. Jomsom (2713m) -Lodge/tea house accommodation
Junipers and the lush green vegetation now replace the pinewood by arid and rocky scene. You will see more of transhimalayan landscape of totally different beauty. You pass through fruit and vegetable farm at Marpha (2670m). Another 2-hour walk led you to Jomsom (2713m). It is the headquarter of the district with many government offices, shops and army barrack. It is the gateway to Mustang.
Visit Thini a tiny Thakali village on the other side of Jomsom if time permits to see fish farming on such elevation, the region is protected by tree plantation and you can enjoy the lush greenery. If time permit visit Kagbeni another village in the surrounding area, the landscape here is like in Tibet.
07. Muktinath (3760m)-Lodge/tea house accommodation
Follow the Kalagandaki river towards north along the river bed until a lone tea house (Akle Bhatti) and trek further to green oasis Kagbeni. It is entry point into the land of Lo popularly known as Mustang, the landscape here is like in Tibet. The trail makes gradual ascend toward north. The famous temple of Hindu - Muktinath is just 18 km northeast of Jomsom, has a natural gas jet close by a spring. Near the Hindu temple and a Buddhist gompa are a series of fountains and athe place draws both Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims. You will have time to explore and photograph the ancient Hindu and Buddhist shrines of Muktinath and enjoy views of Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri. Return to Jomsom with Local jeep, overnight at Jomsom
08. Fly to Pokhara, transfer to hotel
After breakfast walk to Jomsom airport. You will check in and wait for the flight to land. You will fly to Pokhara, upon arrival tranfer to hotel. The flight duration from.
1 pax: US$ 755 p/pax
2 pax: US$ 710 p/pax
3-5pax US$ 665 p/pax
6-9pax US$ 625 p/pax
10-15 pax US$ 580 p/pax
16+ US$ 560 p/pax
Departures: As per your choice dates
01. All meals and accommodation in lodge during the trek.
02. Service of trek guide, and Sharpe assistant for bigger group 6+
03. Porters to carry personal baggage (each 15 kg.).
04. Accident insurance for staffs and porters.
05. Flight - Jomsom to Pokhara
06. National park/conservation area entry permit,
07. Arrival transfer in Pokhara.
08. Private transfer from Pokhara hotel to trek start point
Cost does not include:
01. Personal clothing, and sleeping bag
02. Personal accident and health insurance
03. Emergency evacuation and and medical expense
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips.
05. Hotels in Pokhara, transportation to/from Kathmandu to Pokhara
06. Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies.
|Start Date||End date|
|Departures||as per your choice dates||book now|
find your trip
- Price : USD 560
- Destinations : Lower Mustang
- Max Elevation : 3760 m.
- Weather : Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov, December
- Trip Duration : 8 days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India