If you are looking for a real peaceful place, where past is still the present, Buddhism a way of life, beautiful nature, clean environment, diverse flora & fauna, rich culture & tradition, and so on then Bhutan is the right place to visit. Your journey starts by visiting Paro and then Thimbu the capital of Bhutan.
Fly to Paro (3280m); stay another night at Paro to take a full day tour of Drukhye Dzong, Paro bazar, and national museum. You will visit Satsam Chorten and Taktsang monastery (Tiger nest). Next stop is Thimpu (2286m). Your journey in Bhutan takes you to Thimpu, capital city of Bhutan. We visit their national library, handicraft emporium and memorial chorten of His Late Majesty’s King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk.
Although there are few big resorts and hotels, we accommodate our clients in a very nice, homey and very comfortable traditional Bhutanese hotels with attached bath and toilets with hot and cold water running 24-hours. The staff of the hotels we book for you will care for you in the best traditions of Himalayan hospitality, and the Bhutanese cuisine they will serve is varied, wholesome and stimulating . For the more conventional palate, general continental food is also available.
Day 01 : Arrive Paro from Kathmandu/Bangkok/Delhi or Kolkotta (L,D)
Fly into Paro - Bhutan. On this flight, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas as you start approaching Bhutan. Arrive Paro where you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide, After a 10-15 minutes drive from the airport you’ll reach the hotel. After check in, lunch served at the hotel. After lunch, Visit Kichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest Monastery in Bhutan and have a look around Paro town. Overnight Paro at Hotel.
Day 02 : PARO, EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY (B,L,D)
Day hike to Taktsang Monastery view point. Taktsang, meaning “Tiger’s nest,” is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months. Afternoon, visit National Museum and drive to Thimphu, the capital city for Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03 : THIMPHU (B/L/D)
Full day sightseeing in and around Thimphu Valley, The largest and Capital City of Bhutan.
Some of the attractions include:
- Purchase world’s most beautiful postage stamps, collector’s items and postcards at face value from general post office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
- Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
- Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honour memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase some beau,tiful writing sets from the factory.
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Yak and Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to view point and take a hike beyond to see the clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used as bed covers or wall decoration, jewelleries and many more. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 04: THIMPHU – PARO (B/L/D)
Morning, time at leisure to explore around Thimphu town on your own. Afternoon, transfer to Paro for Overnight at Hotel.
Day 05: Depart from Paro to Kathmandu / Bangkok, Delhi or Kolkotta (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for flight onward.
Package cost: 1 person US$1190 per person 2 person US$1050 per person 3+ person US$ 910 per person Single supplement: US$ 90 Departures: As per your choice dates.
01. Twin sharing accommodation using 3 star hotels on full board (all meals)
02. solo traveler would be single room throughout the trip
03. Airport transfers in Bhutan
04. All transfers and guided sightseeing tour with English speaking tour guide
05. Royalty and taxes to government
06. Fees to temples & monuments
07. Bhutan Visa and entrance fees
Cost does not include:
01. Expenses of personal nature
02. Airfare: Kathmanu to Paro US$ 250 one way(round trip US$ 450 per person) - airfare are subject to change without prior notices
Note: You can enjoy low season rate if you are traveling in Jan/Feb/Jun to August and December, also you can upgrade hotel with your choice at extra cost. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Start Date||End date|
|Departures||as per your choice dates||book now|
find your trip
- Price : USD 910
- Destinations : Bhutan
- Max Elevation : 3500
- Weather : Spring and Autumn time is best to explore in these region
- Trip Duration : 5 days
- Trip Grade : Easy
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India