This tour is for those who do not want to walk but wants to enjoy one of the fascinating Tibet like landscape, great Himalayan Cultures with ancient monasteries, locals practicing Buddhism in their day to day life, tour includes all accommodations, tour with guides, permits and private transfers. Best to take during Tiji festival at Lo-manthang.
The Overland journey with the help of 4 wheel drive is another fun filled and adventurous trip on this fascinating land. The ultimate destination is Lo-Manthang, the capital of walled city Mustang. The route entails traveling across desert like landscape, barren ridges, deep canyons, eroded cliffs and moraine valleys. It is a land of barley field and pasture where sheep are seen grazing and ponies are used to carry loads. The views of windswept Kali Gandaki Valley, vast spaces around Kagbeni, sprawling ridges and high mountains provide a mind blowing experience for the brave adventurer. Note that throughout the route except from Pokhara to Beni is off-road and not blacktopped.
Mustang is still a remote destination though transport and phone communication has brought this place so near. The facilities available are just developing in recent years and more hotels are coming up at Lo-manthang to cater tourist's demand. The area is still restricted in terms of number of tourist visiting this region. Government is concerned about the excessive impact of tourists on the fragile social environment and resource strap status of this region.
Day 01: Arrive Kathamndu. Pickup and transfer to hotel. In Kathmandu. Free time to explore or stroll around Thamel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu – Guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu visiting Boudanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Bhaktapur city.
Day 03: After breakfast at hotel - scenic drive to Pokhara – 200 km – 5 hours drive. In Pokhara. Explore Pokhara own. Stay at hotel in Lake side Pokhara.
Day 04: After breakfast - drive to Beni – 80 kms – 3 hours drive, from Beni to Jomsom (2720m) - 70 kms - 5 hours drive. Overnight at Jomsom - Guest House accommodation
Day 05: Drive to Lomanthang (3810m). En route visit Ghami, Tsarang - the large villages, continue to drive further to Lomanthang – total 70 kms – 5/6 hours drive - Guest House accommodation
Day 06: In Lo-manthang (3810m) - explore Chosar Cave and Thinger village - Guest House accommodation
Day 07: In Lomanthang (3810m) - explore Namgyal and Kimaling monastery - Guest House accommodation
Day 08: Drive back to Jomsom (2720m). Overnight at Jomsom - Guest House accommodation
Day 09: Drive to Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel. Free time to relax.
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu 200 kms. Arrive Kathmandu. Free time to rest.
Day 11: Free time until departure. Transfer to airport. Depart Kathmandu.
Private arranagement tour cost:
2 person US$ 2500 per person
3 person US$ 2000 per person
4 person US$ 1760 per person
5 person US$ 1605 per person
6 person US$ 1495 per person
SGL supp:US$ 155
01. Arrival/departure transfers
02. Sightseeing tour as per itinerary
03. Tour guide and entrance fees during the sightseeing tour
04. Centrally locayted hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara using 2 star category hotel on BB
05. Mustang Special permit and Annapurna conservation area entrance permit
06. One trek guide
07. All meals during the trip from Beni – Lomanthang – Beni
08. Comfortable transportation from Kahmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu by car or van according to group size
09. Jeep from Beni – Jomsom – Lomanthang – Jomsom – Beni
Cost does not include:
01. Personal clothing and sleeping bag
02. Personal accident and health insurance
03. Emergency evacuation and medical expense
04. Alcoholic and bottled beverage, mineral water, laundry, and tips
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentionedt. Depart Kathmandu.
|Start Date||End date|
|As per your choice dates||book now|
find your trip
- Price : USD 1495
- Destinations : Upper Mustang - Lomanthang
- Max Elevation : 3810
- Weather : May to September
- Trip Duration : 11 days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India