A deservedly popular and medium length of river trip is combining exhilarating white water with fine scenery. One of the famous names of Himalayan Rivers, The Kali Gandaki raises in Mustang an enclave of Nepal Poking into Tibet on the other side of the Himalayas here; it is a flat and braided river, flowing in an arid open valley. As it tumbles down between the majestic Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges, it creates one of the world's deepest gorges. The explorer Michael Peissel ran this stretch of the river in a small hovercraft in 1973 and at least two other groups have rafted and kayaked in this section.
All day you have to continuous keeping paddlers busy against all technical rapids on the Kali Gandaki River. Both experienced and novice rafters love this. Nowhere else is it possible to find such diversity on a 3 day raft trip. Nice drops, sparkling chutes and turbulent rapids provide class III to IV+ runs during the fall and spring seasons. After your exhilarating white water trip you have options either to drive or fly back to Kathmandu or to visit the Royal Chitwan National Park or again you can go for the trekking trip in the popular area of Annapurna region for few days.
Grade for Autumn Sep – Dec 3 to 4+
Grade for Spring Feb – May 3 to 4
Pre-departure meeting in Pokhara office the night before to answer any questions with your team. You will be told where to meet for departure.
Day 01: Pokhara to rafting put-in point Nayapul 70 km :
For 4 hours drive from Pokhara and then evening at the camp of Modi Khola.At around 7 am, we drive to the put-in point. Upon arrival, we unload all the equipment and you will receive a full safety briefing. Have lunch and then the guide will take you to the river starting point ready to begin your exciting 3 days rafting trip. First day we begin with plenty of class III rapids this is a warm up for the team, after couple of hours you will be encountering 2 big class 4 rapids i.e. 'Small Brother' and 'Big Brother'. Your guide will be making you work hard at doing exercises to work as a team maneuvering the raft efficiently. After scouting the rapid, the safety kayaks will go first then the raft. Soon after encountering these two big rapids we will reach the Modi Khola confluence where we will choose the beach for the evening campsite. We unload the rafts and one raft team prepares dinner whilst the others play volleyball or relax and take in the scenery.
Day 02: Camp site Modi Khola to second day camp site below the village of Purti Ghat.
Once the rafts are packed we start down the river for a day mixed with adrenaline, calm and spectacular scenery including views of Annapurna I and Himchuli. We will tackle many class III sections and the challenging class IV named REFUND. This section of river is abundant with vines and lush vegetation hanging from the cliff faces. Our campsite is below the village of Purti Ghat.
Day 03: Purti Ghat to Mirme
Almost immediately after being back on the water we reach the holy village of Seti Beni. The river has deposited a house size boulder in the confluence with a smaller tributary. Since confluences are considered holy places in the Hindu religion, this boulder has become an important shrine to the local river people. There is usually a great audience to watch and listen to the spectacle as each team negotiates the rapid that has formed around this holy place. After the shirt-rafting trip it is time for the journey to end. You arrive in the Mirme where your bus will be waiting for you. We load up the gear and prepare for the bus journey back to Pokhara 105 km. for 5 hours driving.
Group size Cost:
2 US$175 P/pax
3-5 US$165 P/pax
6-9 US$150 P/pax
10-14 US$140 P/pax
15+ US$135 P/pax
01. Private Transportation.
02. Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
03. River Permit.
04. Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
05. Safety Kayak.
06. Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
07. Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
08. Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
09. Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership.
10. First aid kid box.
Cost does not include:
01. Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
02. Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
03. Emergency evacuation, Things of personal use
04. Hotel in Pokhara
05. Member insurance
06. International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
07. Airfare (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
08. Tips to Staffs, Sleeping bag
|Start Date||End date|
|Departures||as per your choice dates||book now|
find your trip
- Price : USD 135
- Destinations : Kali Gandaki
- Max Elevation : 1200
- Weather : March, April, May, Oct, Nov
- Trip Duration : 3 days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Trekking in Nepal
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India