Highlight: Fly to Nepaljung and stay overnight at Nepaljung. Next day early in the morning take scheduled flight to Simikot, a remote airstrip in Humla district of Nepal. From Simikot walk 6 days to the border and cross the Tibet border to Khojarnath and Sera. Dive to Taklakot (Purang for Nepalese). Drive further to Mansarover (4558m), a holy lake. Walk around Mt. Kailash and then descend to Darchen. After Parikrama of Mt. Kailash we drive through southern highway to Paryang, Saga, Shigatse and to Lhasa. Despite its barren and dry features the lake and the mountain has magnetic influence to devotees and visitors alike. Your journey to Tibet would be a rewarding and unforgettable experience.
Best time to travel: Apr to Oct. High season Jul to Sep. Best time to travel is in summer and autumn. Overland journey is best from early May to middle of October. This is because of the snow condition in high Himalayan pass in winter and late spring.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu.
Day 02: In Kathmandu. Half day city tour
Day 03: Fly to Nepaljung. In Nepaljung.
Day 04: Fly to Simikot. Trek to Dharapuri
Day 05: Trek to Sali Khola (river)
Day 06: Trek to Muchu
Day 07: Trek to Sip Sip
Day 08: Cross Nara La. Descend to Hilsa
Day 09: Trek to Sher. Drive to Taklakot (Purang)
Day 10: Drive to Mansarovar Lake and to Darchen
Day 11: Walk around Mt. Kailash. Walk to Dira Phuk Gompa
Day 12: Cross Dorma La (pass) Walk to Zuthul Phuk Gompa
Day 13: Walk to Darchen.
Day 14: Drive Saga
Day 15: Drive Sakya
Day 16: Drive to Shigatse
Day 17: Drive to Lhasa. In Lhasa
Day 18: In Lhasa. Sightseeing Drepung, Jokhang and Bakor Bazar
Day 19: In Lhasa. Sightseeing Potala Palace, Norbukinka, & Sera Monastery
Day 20: Depart Lhasa
Full descriptive itinerary will be forwarded to signed up clients.
Fixed departure tour cost:
Land Cost: US$3350 per person
Single Supplement Net US$495
High Season Surcharge Net US$90 per person
Private Group – Net per person in US$
2 pax US$4970 per person
3 to 5 pax US$3735 per person
6 to 9 pax: US$3040 per person
10 to 15 pax: US$2680 per person
Single Supplement Net US$495
# Hotel accommodation (Bed & Breakfast) based on double occupancy – deluxe room.
# Guest House accommodation (Full board) in overland journey in Tibet
# Tour guide, transport (tourist bus), sightseeing, entrance fees, and airport transfers
# All meals and camping with camp staffs and porters during trek from Simikot to Hilsa
# Yak or porter to carry personal baggage (15kg)
# Tibet Permit
Cost does not include
# Trek Permit, TIMs & District office registration charge US$85
# Airfare KTM NPJ SIM & LXA KTM US$ 765
# Tibet Group Visa for USA- US$177, Canadian- US$121, Romanian- US$122 and other nationality- US$89
# Medical and rescue evacuation, insurance and oxygen
# Expenses due to natural calamity is not included
# Personal clothing, down jacket and sleeping bags
# Mineral water, alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, telephone, porter (In case of landslide or border crossing) and tips.
# Private yak for Parikrama (3 days). Cost US$90 per yak.
# Expenses due to flight delay, road disruption, flood, sickness and other contingencies
# Gratuity and tips
# Service that are not specifically mentioned in the program
- Airfare and visa fees are subject to change. Effective from Jun 2017 there is no provision for urgent visa. Visa fees are subject to change without prior notice. Minimum 3 days is required by Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu to process Tibet Permit and visa.
- Tourist standard bus – capacity maximum 20 seats
- Single rooms are not available in guest house. Usually dormitory accommodate 6 to 7 person
- Member personal baggage allowance – 15kg
- Portable oxygen and first aid pox are provided
- Time difference between Tibet and Kathmandu is 2 hour 15 minute. When China is in Summer time the time difference is 3 hour 15 minute. So, you arrive in Kathmandu before you have left Lhasa.
|Start Date||End date|
|Departures||Every Monday Join in Kathmandu||book now|
find your trip
- Price : USD 3350
- Destinations : Tibet - Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarover from Simikot - Muchu - Hilsa to Lhasa
- Max Elevation : 5400
- Weather : April to October are best time to visit
- Trip Duration : 20 days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Trekking in Nepal
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India