Fixed Departure cost: US$ 1305 per person
Join our Bhutan Tour to see the sacred Paro Festival in late March. Bhutan's founder of Buddhism will be honored with dances & songs, colorful masks & costumes - do not miss it!!! this is a journey to mystical Bhutan, the land of Thunder Dragon. Paro festival is one of the busiest period in Bhutan so getting flight & room is a big problem, request all the partiticipants to book early!
Day 01- March 27, 2018: In Thimpu
Depart from Bangkok, Delhi/Kolkotta or Kathmandu to Paro. On this flight, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas. Arrive Paro. Upon arrival at Paro International Airport, you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide. After completing your formalities, transfer to Thimphu.The drive from Paro to Thimphu is spectacularly scenic. Magnificent monasteries and stupas in the valleys and mountain tops. Experience the -Last Buddhist Himalayan Kingdom on Earth and take precious memories back home. Check in to your hotel and have lunch. After lunch, look around the Capital City on your own. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 02- March 28, 2018: In Thimpu
Full day Thimphu Sightseeing.
- Change money from the Bhutan National Bank
- Purchase worlds most beautiful postage stamps,
collectors items and postcards at face value from general post office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
- Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
- Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honour memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the
Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase
some beautiful writing sets from the factory.
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to view point and take a hike beyond to see the
clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Weekend Market,
Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used and bed covers or wall decoration, jewelries and many more. Later afternoon, transfer to Paro for Overnight.
Day 03 - March 29, 2018 In Paro
Excursion to Taktsang Monastery. Day hike to Taktsang, popularly known as Tigers Nest Monastery. Taktsang, meaning-Tigers nest, is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated in the 7th century. It clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from eastern Bhutan and meditated in the cave there for three months. Overnight Paro.
Day 04- March 30, 2018: In Paro - Paro Festival
Enjoy Paro festival whole day. This is the second last day of the Annual Paro Festival and you can see hundreds of local Bhutanese people dressed in their best for the occasion. On this day, there will be a display of the Lord of Deaths Mask Dances.
Day 05- March 31, 2018: Departure
Get up early in the morning around 4-am. Go to the festival ground to watch the Great Thangka (Thongdrel)being displayed. You can also see some dances. "Thongdrel meaning liberations o all your sins and sorrows at sight. Return to the hotel for breakfast and then transfer to Paro Airport. Your guide will assist you to complete the departure formalities and bid.
01. Twin sharing accommodation on full board (all meals) 02. Airport transfers in Bhutan 03. All transfers and guided sightseeing tour with English speaking tour guide 04. Royalty and taxes to government 05. Fees to temples & monuments
05. Bhutan Visa and entrance fees Cost does not include: 01. Tourism development fee US$ 10 and entrance fee US$ 10 p/pax 02. Airport departure tax if applicable 03. Expenses of personal nature 04. Airfare Kathmanu-Paro US$ 250 one way(round trip US$450) - airfare are subject to change without prior notices. Write to us if you want to see on the festival in different dates.
|Start Date||End date|
find your trip
- Price : USD 1305
- Destinations : Bhutan
- Max Elevation : 3500
- Weather : Spring and Autumn time is best to explore
- Trip Duration : 5 days
- Trip Grade : Easy
- Trekking in Nepal
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India