Fixed Departure cost: US$ 1305 per person
Join our Bhutan Tour to see the sacred Paro Festival in late March. Bhutan's founder of Buddhism will be honored with dances & songs, colorful masks & costumes - do not miss it!!! this is a journey to mystical Bhutan, the land of Thunder Dragon. Paro festival is one of the busiest period in Bhutan so getting flight & room is a big problem, request all the partiticpants to book early!
Day 01- March 07, 2017: In Thimpu
Depart from Bangkok, Delhi/Kolkotta or Kathmandu to Paro. On this flight, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas. Arrive Paro. Upon arrival at Paro International Airport, you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide. After completing your formalities, transfer to Thimphu.The drive from Paro to Thimphu is spectacularly scenic. Magnificent monasteries and stupas in the valleys and mountain tops. Experience the -Last Buddhist Himalayan Kingdom on Earth and take precious memories back home. Check in to your hotel and have lunch. After lunch, look around the Capital City on your own. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 02- March 08, 2017: In Thimpu
Full day Thimphu Sightseeing.
- Change money from the Bhutan National Bank
- Purchase worlds most beautiful postage stamps,
collectors items and postcards at face value from general post office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
- Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
- Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honour memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the
Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase
some beautiful writing sets from the factory.
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to view point and take a hike beyond to see the
clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Weekend Market,
Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used and bed covers or wall decoration, jewelries and many more. Later afternoon, transfer to Paro for Overnight.
Day 03 - March 09 2017: In Paro
Excursion to Taktsang Monastery. Day hike to Taktsang, popularly known as Tigers Nest Monastery. Taktsang, meaning-Tigers nest, is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated in the 7th century. It clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from eastern Bhutan and meditated in the cave there for three months. Overnight Paro.
Day 04- March 10, 2017: In Paro - Paro Festival
Enjoy Paro festival whole day. This is the second last day of the Annual Paro Festival and you can see hundreds of local Bhutanese people dressed in their best for the occasion. On this day, there will be a display of the Lord of Deaths Mask Dances.
Day 05- March 11, 2017: Departure
Get up early in the morning around 4-am. Go to the festival ground to watch the Great Thangka (Thongdrel)being displayed. You can also see some dances. "Thongdrel meaning liberations o all your sins and sorrows at sight. Return to the hotel for breakfast and then transfer to Paro Airport. Your guide will assist you to complete the departure formalities and bid.
If you wish to join festivals, other dates, here are list of festivals:
Name Town Start Date End Date
Punakha Drubchen Punakha Mar 02, 2017 Mar 06, 2017
Punakha Tshechu Punakha Mar 07, 2017 Mar 09, 2017
GOMPHUKORA Trashi Yangtse Apr 04, 2017 Apr 06, 2017
Paro Tshechu Paro Apr 07, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
Chhorten Kora Trashi Yangtse Apr 11, 2017 Apr 26, 2017
Rhododendron Festival Thimphu Apr 18, 2017 Apr 20, 2017
Ura Yakchoe Bumthang May 07, 2017 May 10, 2017
Nimalung Tshechu Bumthang Jul 01, 2017 Jul 03, 2017
Kurjey Tshechu Bumthang Jul 03, 2017
Thimphu Drubchen Thimphu Sep 25, 2017 Sep 29, 2017
Wangdue Tshechu Wangdue Phodrang Sep 28, 2017 Sep 30, 2017
Tamshing Phala Chhoepa Bumthang Sep 30, 2017 Oct 02, 2017
Thimphu Tshechu Thimphu Sep 30, 2017 Oct 02, 2017
Thangbi Mani Bumthang Oct 04, 2017 Oct 06, 2017
Pemagatshel Tshechu Pemagatshel Nov 01, 2017 Nov 03, 2017
Jambay Lhakhang Drup Bumthang Nov 03, 2017 Nov 06, 2017
Prakhar Duchhoed Bumthang Nov 04, 2017 Nov 06, 2017
Black Necked Crane Festival Wangdue Phodrang Nov 11, 2017
Mongar Tshechu Mongar Nov 25, 2017 Nov 28, 2017
Trashigang Tshechu Trashigang Nov 26, 2017 Nov 29, 2017
Jambay Lakhang Singye Cham Bumthang Dec 03, 2017
Nalakhar Tshechu Bumthang Dec 03, 2017 Dec 05, 2017
Druk Wangyel Tshechu Thimphu Dec 13, 2017
Trongsa Tshechu Trongsa Dec 25, 2017 Dec 28, 2017
Lhuentse Tshechu Lhuentse Dec 25, 2017 Dec 28, 2017
01. Twin sharing accommodation on full board (all meals) 02. Airport transfers in Bhutan 03. All transfers and guided sightseeing tour with English speaking tour guide 04. Royalty and taxes to government 05. Fees to temples & monuments
05. Bhutan Visa and entrance fees Cost does not include: 01. Tourism development fee US$ 10 and entrance fee US$ 10 p/pax 02. Airport departure tax if applicable 03. Expenses of personal nature 04. Airfare Kathmanu-Paro US$ 250 one way(round trip US$450) - airfare are subject to change without prior notices. Write to us if you want to see on the festival in different dates.
find your trip
- Price : USD 1305
- Destinations : Bhutan
- Max Elevation : 3500
- Weather : Spring and Autumn time is best to explore
- Trip Duration : 5 days
- Trip Grade : Easy
- Trekking in Nepal
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India