We travel first to Syabrubheshi on Nepal side and do little village walk. Next morning a shoryt drive will take you to Nepal/Tibet boarder called Rashuwagadi, Kyirong in Tibetan. You make overland journey after acclimatize at Kyirong country that lies at the height of 3950m. Drive to Dongba and overnight, the next day drive will take you to Mansarover lake. From here we drive upto Darchen and we commence our parikrama. We return to Kathmandu using the same route after parikrama.
Making a praikrama (walking round Mt. Kailash) wash your sins away. Specially when this is done on an auspicious year or time. On such an occasion a circuit equals to 13 circuits completed during the year.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival - Hotel accommodation
Airport pickup and transfer to your Hotel. A short briefing about Kailash Mansarovar Yatra before dinner. Dinner and cultural presentation.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing - Hotel accommodation
After Breakfast – Sightseeing of Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa. Packing and preparation for the trip
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi - Guest House Accommdoation
Drive to Syabrubesi (1600m / 145 km / 7 hours drive). Overnight stay at Lodge.
Day 04: Drive to Kyirong County (3950m) - Overnight stay at Guesthouse
Drive to Rasuwagadhi (1800m / 15 km / 45 min from Syabrubesi), complete immigration and custom formalities in Nepal and Tibet side at Rasuwagadhi, and then continue drive to Kyirong county (3950m – 3 hours/ 105 km)
Day 05: At Kyirong County – Rest Day for acclimatization - Overnight stay at Guesthouse
Spend whole day at acclimatization or make a short treks to stretches your legs to prepare Kailash Yatra.
Day 06: Drive to Dongba - Overnight stay at Guesthouse
After Breakfast – Drive to Dongba (335 km – 7 hours) en-route passing Thorong La, Paigu-Tso Lake and Brahmaputra River.
Day 07: Drive from Dongba to Mansarovar Lake - Overnight stay Guesthouse
Drive towards Mansarovar Lake (7 hours) crossing beautiful places and stay at the shore of the Lake. Fill spiritual water. Parikrama of Mansarovar Lake by vehicle (2 hours - 110 km)
Day 08: Drive to Darchen - Overnight stay at Guesthouse
Most of the day – Take holy bath and perform Puja (prayer ritual your own) at Mansarovar Lake. PM – Drive to Darchen (2hrs)
Day 09: First Day of Outer Kora – Trek to Dirapuk – Guest house accommodation
After short drive, we will reach Tarboche and visit Yama Dwar. This is starting point for Kora. We will trek to Dirapuk (4860 m) which is 12 kms trek (5-6 hrs). You will visit North face of Mt. Kailash and touching the feet of Mt. Kailash (Charan Sparsh). Travelers who do not want to trek around (Parikrama) Kailash can go back to Darchen and wait for rest of the group to arrive from Parikrama.
NOTE: Those not doing Parikrama will stay at Darchen
Day 10: Second Day of Outer Kora – On to Zuthulphuk with Trek to Drolma La Pass - Overnight stay at Guesthouse
Trek from Dirapuk to Drolma La Pass and proceed to Zuthulpuk (22 km trek for 7-8 hours trek). This is the most difficult journey throughout the yatra since you have to trek up to the 18,600 ft. Descend to Gaurikund and further trek along with the river to Zuthul-puk.
Day 11: Drive to Dongba - Overnight stay at Guesthouse
After short Trek (2 hours) and reach to the point where the coach will be waiting and we will drive to Darchen and merge with other members who were waiting and drive to Dongba
Day 12: Drive back to Kyirong - Overnight stay at Guesthouse
Back journey, drive to Kyirong County – 270 km / 5.5 hrs.
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu - Hotel
Drive back to Kathmandu via Rasuwagadhi border completing immigration formalities – around 8-9 hours / 265 km.
Day 14: Transfer to Kathmandu Airport
Rudraksha and certificate of completion will be provided at the end of the trip. You will be free till your flight time. We will drop you at Airport 3 hours before flight time.
01. Arrival/departure transfers in Kathmandu
02. Welcome dinner, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with English speaking tour guide
03. Entrance fees during sightseeing tour
04. Private transport from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi and, from Kyirong to Kathmandu after the completion of Yatra
05. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu using Hotel Holy Himalaya or similar on BB
06. Tibet travel permits
07. English speaking Tibetan guide, entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
08. Land transfer by land van or Mini bus according to the group size
09. Guest House accommodation on BB basis (dormitory room), no attached bathroom and toilet in Mansarover and during Kailash Kora
10. Yaks and Yak man for carrying luggage only during 3 days Kora ( 2 pax sharing one yak)
11. Lunch and dinner at local lodges in Tibet
12. Environmental protection bus fee of Kailash and lake Mansarover
13. Oxygen 1 liter bottle one each, sleeping bags, down jackets, oxymeter
Cost does not include:
011. Group visa fee for China / Tibet with same day delivery - US$90 per person. For US Citizen US$175 per person
02.Personal clothing and Sleeping bag (rental cost US$30)
03. Personal Insurance, Medical box, emergency rescue evacuation, etc
04. Lunch and Dinner, alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, telephone, porterage (In case of landslide or border crossing) and tips.
05. Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned.
06. Expenses due to flight delay, road disruption, flood, sickness and other contingencies
Hotels we will use:
Kathmandu – Holy Himalaya or Hotel Fuji
Syabrubeshi – Local best available Guest House
Kyirong = Pengtso Rosar Hotel
Dongba = local Hotel
Tarchen = local budget hotel
Lake Manasarovar, Dirapuk, Zultulpuk = local guesthouse (shared dormitory room with 4-8 beds in one room, there is no attached bathroom and toilet, it's impossible to take a shower )
|Start Date||End date|
|Departures||as per your choice dates||book now|
find your trip
- Price : USD 2875
- Destinations : Affordable tour to Mt. Kailash Tour, Tibet
- Max Elevation : 5400m
- Weather : May June, July, August, September are best time to visit
- Trip Duration : 14 days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Trekking in Nepal
- Short adventures Holidays in Nepal
- Overland journey from Kathmadu
- Helicopter tours in Nepal
- Nepal Cultural Tours Packages
- Tibet Cultural Tours Packages
- Bhutan Cultural Tours Packages
- Tours in India